Rotarian Action Group Healthy Pregnancies/Healthy Children: Who-is-Who
These board members terminated the action group as an official Rotary Action Group in June 2019:
- AG Cor van OTTERLOO, Netherlands (RC Purmerend / D1580)
- RIDE Jan Lucas KET, Netherlands (RC Purmerend / D1580)
- Peter STULP, Netherlands (RC Utrecht / D1570)
- Pauline VERLOOVE-VANHORICK, Netherlands (RC Leiden / D1600)
- Patricia MINAYA FLORES, France (RC Meaux / D1770)
- Gerard VISSER, Netherlands (RC De Bilt-Bilthoven / D1570)
- Symone DETMAR, Netherlands (RC Leiden / D1600)
- PRID Paul Knijff (first chair)
- Tanja de Vos van Steenwijk (first treasurer)
- Harma Schaafsma (first secretary)
- PDG Hans Steinhart
The (former) Rotary Action Group Healthy Pregnancies / Healthy Children (RAG HP/HC) is a non-profit organisation registered under Dutch law.
RAG HP/HC provides information, expertise and encouragement to Rotarians and Clubs/Districts to stimulate them to participate in achieving the former 4th and 5th UN Millennium Development Goal to reduce significantly child mortality (under the age of five) and maternal mortality. It offers a broad range of activities and projects in the field of at least two Areas of Focus of the Rotary Foundation: 'Maternal & Child Health' and 'Disease Prevention & Treatment'. In particular the former RAG HP/HC focuses on prevention during the period before pregnancy.
The coming years we will focus on creating Rotarians awareness and stimulation of their own activities. To this end, we will prepare materials, have them manufactured and make them available to Rotary Clubs and Rotarians.
For covering the operating costs of the organisation, members contributed financially through an annual membership fee. Donors contributed incidentally indicating for what purpose the contribution is meant. The costs of projects initiated through former RAG HP/HC are covered via RAG HP/HC and fund raising generally organised by the Rotarians in Clubs and/or Districts that execute the projects locally.
Annually the Board will render account (both of governance and finance) by publishing relevant documents on the website within 6 months after closing of the financial year. The Board will manage RAG HP/HCs capital. No risk-bearing investments are allowed.
Former RAG HP/HC does not remunerate its (board) members. All office-holders are volunteers.
1441 AG Purmerend